Monday, August 25, 2014

Second Letter From Boot Camp

Don't even remember the day. It's like 20140820, I think. Nothing, bar nothing, no movie, or youtube video, or book can prepare you for meeting your drill instructors. Boot Camp nearly broke me in the first two days after they took charge of our platoon. The yelling, punishments, running around doing dumb stuff because one, one person screwed up. But once I accepted that every platoon was doing the same stuff, and that it was all part of the process, I got my motivation back in time for training day 1 and 2.

Its hard, but drill is fun and I'm okay with the rest. I do get really mad at recruits who are motivated and don't run and yell hard like I do. It is hard and rough here, but I am can feel myself getting used to it and even starting to enjoy it. I get along well with my platoon mates, at least the good ones. I might beat up the nasty recruits who don't try to do well.

T1 (that's training day 1) we had classes, and MCMAP, Marine Martial Arts. Less fun then it sounds, especially when I already know the basics he was teaching. Mostly it was just tiring from doing the same thing over and over. T2 was morning PT, which trashed me, drill and classes. Everything before that was "forming" or basically processing us and teaching us to be recruits. The rest of the week is a lot of PT and classes. Hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment