Saturday, September 6, 2014

Third letter from Boot Camp

20140827 - Wednesday

Life kinda sucks today. Today I got my teeth pulled, all 7 of them at once. It took over an hour and was very not fun. The doctor said I was really, really tough about it though.

20140828 - Thursday

To finish my story, after the teeth surgery, I was a little woozy and feeling weird, the desk lady (otherwise known as a secretary) called my DI about me and then I got in trouble because they thought I was misbehaving rather than just disoriented. Then I was on bed-rest for the rest of Wednesday and part of today. It was supposed to be 3 days, but our Senior Drill Instructor told us to go back to training after afternoon chow. I was honestly glad because bed-rest sucked. It was boring and they kept putting us on other decks where other DI's would yell at us and treat us like dirty wimps. When they finally brought us back to our own squad bay and our Senior Drill Instructor told us to go back to training, I was so happy. I never thought that I would miss our squad bay and our mean Drill Instructors so much.

Speaking of which, we have three. Our Senior Drill Instructor is not around much, but he is like our daddy. He will give us a break if the other two are pushing us too hard, but only is we are doing our best. If people are being lazy, or disrespectful, he will trash us worse than the normal Drill Instructors. Our regular DI's are a "heavy hat" and a "kill hat" (side note: Since I am the one typing these out, (Joy Glass, Jonathan's Wife), please don't ask me what heavy hat and kill hat means, because I don't know. Okay end of side note.)

Our heavy hat is with us the most. He teaches us and also messes us up a lot with the punishments. He's a lot like the DI in "Full Metal Jacket." (Disclaimer: The movie is pretty good. But I would advise against ladies watching it because of a few things in there that I don't think are good for ladies to watch. That is just my preference and I thought that I would warn any ladies who are thinking about watching it.)

The kill hat does the punishment workouts, but apart from that, he's not bad. He's obviously very new and so he's just not scary or intimidating, unless you get IT'd (punishment workout), and then he messes you up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment