Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Eighth Letter from Boot Camp

20140914

We have Initial Drill and and Initial Knowledge Test tomorrow so I don't have time to write much. Time is starting to fly here. We are more than one third done. Next is testing week, some more obstacle courses and stuff like that. We did this crazy PT yesterday plus an obstacle course. It was physically one of the toughest things that I've ever done, but I did really well and I was so proud when I finished.

Tomorrow is initial drill. Our platoon has a good chance of winning both the drill and knowledge tests. That means the highest score out of 6 platoons in Charlie Company. I want us to be the best. I've kinda reached a point where boot camp is becoming fun. The things that suck, I'm just used to them, and some things are starting to be pretty fun. Like we do the rappelling tower on Tuesday. This week doesn't have a lot of stuff in it, but next week is grass week, that's where we practice with our rifles, but no bullets. It will probably suck, but be fun too.

20140915
So guess what? Platoon 1081 won Initial Drill test. In fact, we knocked it out of the park. We scored outstanding, beat the closest runner-up by a large margin, and were only 1 point away from breaking the Regimental record. We got a trophy of a guilded boot for our platoon to display. Sadly, we only came in third for the knowledge test. But we're still strongly in the running for honors platoon.

Anyway, we were all pretty hyped. We were getting so pumped prepping for drill, our Senior Drill Instructor blasted loud music from his radio while we got our uniforms on, and we had several prayer circles, which is why I think that we won.

No comments:

Post a Comment