Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fourth Letter from Boot Camp

Sunday Morning 20140831

Whew, Boot Camp is exhausting. I'm pretty fit, fitter than a lot of my platoon, but all day, every day activity really wears you down, especially when you actually put out the effort like I do. It is very frustrating when others don't put out. I've screamed and yelled myself hoarse, but our platoon keeps getting messed up for not screaming, because a lot of the platoon doesn't yell everything.

Its very frustrating to hear fresh voices from platoon mates, when my voice is so sore. We do a lot of drill, which is fun when we get it right, but we don't get it right very much. I see potential though. Had pugil sticks last week. I barely lost my round 1, but totally kicked butt in my round 2. Our platoon mostly won all their matches. Only one of ours got his mouth piece knocked out, and our guys knocked out like 6 mouth pieces from the platoons that we fought.

It is very physically and mentally tough going here. I live chow to chow. But I can feel myself getting stronger and tougher because of it all, so even when we are getting trashed I try to stay positive. Chow is crazy, we cram into the line so tight we can barely breathe, you rush through grabbing what you can while workers slap chow on your tray. Sometimes DI's block the drink station and send away people who don't yell loud enough. Once you sit down, you have like 10 - 15, tops, sometimes 5, before you have to stack trays and rush back into formation. Its still the highlight of the day though. I eat twice as much as I ever ate before, in half the time. I eat so fast I tend to finish early and take stuff from slow eaters. Anyway, I'm still going strong. It's still more fun then lots of things that I have done. I'm still motivated. :) Can't wait until the Crucible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment