Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sixth Letter from Boot Camp

20140907

Not quite sure of the date, they don't tell us. I had pugil stick fights again. I only got one fight, but I destroyed my opponent. We also did some fun Martial Arts this week, and the confidence course, which is a type of obstacle course. It was a lot of fun. I was one of the only ones who did the slide for life (look it up online) correctly and didn't get dropped into the water.

Other that that things have mostly sucked. They push our platoon really hard, a lot of PE and IT punishments. I get the feeling its because we are doing really well, but I'm not sure. They trash us after every drill for being lazy. I'm not, but other's are, so we all pay.

On the plus side, I'm getting close to halfway. Today ends week 4 of 12 training weeks. 2 more and I'll be halfway done to Marine week. Marine week is family day, and graduation. :) Next week is swim week. I'll pass that no problem. That will end phase 1. The week after is testing week, and after we pass we switch to green cammies. We get official name tags on them, and we get to blouse our boots. Then we are in phrase 2, where we do rifle training. I'm excited for that.

P.S. Sunday Evening

We had a really good drill today, plus church and extra free time, so it was a good day. Tomorrow starts swim week. I hope to qualify on the first day. Next week is testing week, so pray for me and platoon 1081. We've been working really hard, and we want to win all the tests. I mean score the highest out of all the platoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment